Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Herman Cain: Able to be Paid for Sex?

 I have abstained pretty much from even reading much less writing about the GOP pop phenomenon Herman Cain, whose 15 minutes should have expired months ago. The man is so obviously unqualified to be president that his very presence on the Republican platform is troubling. Yeah, I know, the same could be said about a lot of their candidates, but Brother Cain is spectacularly unsuited.
Truth is, he seems to know it. The hat, the cigarette-smoking campaign manager in the commercial, the non-traditional media focus that is clearly not focused on delegate collection, the superficial answers to virtually every question. I have to think that Rachel Maddow pegged him correctly as having a good laugh at the nation's expense.

 Of course, the man doesn't know when to exit the stage. He has messed over several women's lives in the process, and as the letter below indicates, is still trying to profit from his skanky ways even as he extends his departure through a painful "campaign reassessment".
 I just have to say that I don't believe Cain would have been considered a serious candidate for five minutes were it not for the enormous discomfort most Republicans feel with most black people. Until now, that discomfort has allowed Cain to make money selling his books, and enabled Republicans to pretend that they are an open, welcoming, and affirming party.

Nov 29, 2011: Stand With Me
DONATE NOW


 Dear Patriots and Supporters,

As you probably heard yesterday, a troubled Atlanta business woman

used national media outlets to promulgate a fabricated, unsubstantiated 
story about a 13 year affair with me.  I am writing you today to assure 
you that this woman’s story is completely false.

I do know Ms. White.  I have helped her financially at times over the 

past few years, just as I have helped many friends and acquaintances 
throughout the years. I thought Ms. White was a friend in need of a 
supportive hand to better her life.

Ms. White has made it apparent that she was abusing the friendship.

But now I am asking for your friendship.  I am also asking for your prayers 

and support. This is a trying time for my family, my campaign, and for me.  
It is also a trying time for our country as we are all distracted from the truly 
important issues facing our nation.

This evening I have an important speaking engagement at Hillsdale College 

in Hillsdale, Michigan, where I will be outlining my foreign policy and national 
security plan.  While recent events have taken a toll on me, the people in the 
audience this evening will not know it.  I will deliver my message with vigor 
and enthusiasm.

Let me assure you, I am not deterred.  America’s future is too important. 

We will continue on this journey to make America great once again.

Thank you and God bless.

Sincerely, 
signature
Herman Cain

No comments: